This news is going to be dedicated to what's Up at Climb Up - the latest, the greatest, the news you want to know. We'll try to keep it light with only as much detail as needed. If it gets boring and starts to ramble on we'll stop. Wait, where were we? Right, the latest and greatest....
We're starting a climbing gym. Did we mention that? Yeah, it's this really cool place in Norman, Oklahoma. It's located on the North side of town just off Highway 77 (that's Flood Ave) with excellent access off I-35.
Some gym quick highlights:
- 12,000 sq. ft. facility
- Walltopia constructed climbing walls
- 15' top-out boulder
- 70-foot long by 16 foot tall competition bouldering wall
- Lead climbing
- Multiple auto-belays
- Speed climbing training wall
- Hangboard area
- Yoga studio
- Crack climbing
- Outdoor guiding
- Instructor training
- Routesetting training
- Multimedia venue for slideshows, films, and talks
- Dedicated group room
- Dedicated kids climbing boulder
- Classes of all kinds
- After school climbing programs
- Drop-in child care
- Ability to host Local, Regional and Divisional level USA Climbing competitions
- Exclusive member benefits (early check-in, yoga, seminars, discounts, special events, etc.)
- Pro shop with gear and apparel
We are in the process of securing our building permit. We have complete the main demolition phase and once the building permit is secured we will begin working on build-out in the front entry area and the rest of the gym. Many areas are in the process of being painted. You may have noticed that the sign is in place.
Our projected opening date is November of this year BUT we may be able to open the front portion of the gym where the yoga studio, group room and even the climbing-specific training area, at an earlier date.
We have successfully launched our Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Google+....did we leave any social media out? Probably. Just keeping up with those is time consuming enough.
We are hard at work setting up accounts, arranging all the behind-the-scenes stuff that goes with opening a climbing gym. Lots to do, but we're familiar with it all.
That's it for now, we'll keep you posted as progress is made.